Meet Kaya - Paperback
Kaya dreams of racing her beautiful mare Steps High, even though her father warns that the horse isn’t ready.Learn more...
Kaya dreams of racing her beautiful mare Steps High. Her father warns that the horse isn’t ready, but when a pesky boy insults Steps High, Kaya accepts his challenge to race. As they ride, Kaya loses sight of her little brothers. Her carelessness earns her a nickname that her friends won’t let her forget! Author: Janet Shaw. Paperback. 88 pages.
First in a series of six historical books filled with inspiring lessons of compassion, courage, and friendship. Kaya’s entire book set includes: Meet Kaya, Kaya’s Escape!, Kaya’s Hero, Kaya and Lone Dog, Kaya Shows the Way, and Changes for Kaya.
- 2002 New York Times Bestseller
- 2002 Publishers Weekly Bestseller
- 2002 Book Sense Bestseller
- 2002 Parents’ Choice Recommended Award
- Winner of the 2003 Honors Award, National Parenting Publications (NAPPA)